- Video URL: https://www.tiktok.com/@tasteandtraveler/video/6948439171161656582?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1&q=carrot%20cake&t=1641580950847
- Video Hosting Platform: TikTok
- Video Image Thumbnail:
- Suggested Equipment: OXO 11 Pound Stainless Scale with Pull-Out Display, OXO Good Grips Mixing Bowls 3 Piece Set, OXO Good Grips Silicone Oven Mitt
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 cups (250 grams) , all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons , baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon , fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 , teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon, ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups (295 ml) , avocado oil
- 3/4 cup (200 grams) , granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (200 grams) , lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon , vanilla extract
- 4 large, eggs
- 3 - 3.5 cups , grated peeled carrots (5 to 6 medium carrots)
- , cream cheese frosting *linked in notes*
Grease and flour two cake tins. Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk and set aside.
In a large bowl combine oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Whisk well. Add in eggs one at a time whisking in between.
Add in dry ingredients a little bit at a time and fold into the wet mixture. Once all the dry flour is gone, fold in shredded carrots.
- Separate the batter between the two cake tins, as evenly as you can. Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let them cool completely then carefully flip over. Now it's time to frost! For frosting, I highly recommend my cream cheese frosting. It has a perfect consistency and it's not too sweet.
- Notes: Frosting: I highly recommend my cream cheese frosting. It has a perfect consistency and it's not too sweet.
- Additional Images: