- Video URL: https://www.tiktok.com/@tasteandtraveler/video/7122855758605208874?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1
- Video Hosting Platform: TikTok
- Video Image Thumbnail:
- Suggested Equipment: Cuisinart DFP-14CNY Food Processor, French Rolling Pin, OXO Good Grips Mixing Bowls 3 Piece Set, OXO Good Grips Silicone Oven Mitt, Premium Quality Metal Lemon Squeezer, Pro Dough Pastry Scraper
- Difficulty: Medium
- 6 - 8, peaches, medium size
- 1/2 cup, sugar
- 2 tablespoons , all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon, cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp EACH: , all-spice, ground nutmeg, optional
- juice from 1/2, lemon
- 1 teaspoon, vanilla
- 1 , egg, for egg wash
- For the Crust,
- 1 3/4 cup , all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup , unsalted butter, ice cold
- 1/4 teaspoon , salt
- 1/4 cup , cold water
Prepare pie crust. Place the cold butter and flour into a food processor, along with the salt. Pulse the ingredients together for about 2 minutes, until a grainy mixture forms, like wet sand. Add the water and continue to pulse until a dough ball forms, about 30 seconds. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap, then refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
Preheat oven to 375°F. For the Filling: Slice the peaches thinly, then place into a large mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice, vanilla, sugar, flour, and spices. Gently toss the peaches in the mixture until they’re well coated. Set aside.
Once the crust dough is chilled, place it on a lightly floured surface. Flour a rolling pin, then roll the dough out into a large circle, about 14-inch in diameter. It doesn't have to be perfect. That is the beauty of a galette. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then transfer the dough onto the paper. Transfer the peaches onto the dough, spread them in even layer, leaving about 3 inches of dough along the edges. (Optional: If you want it to look fancy, place the peaches neatly in circles) Gently fold the dough over the fruit.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl with a fork, then use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash onto the edges of the pie crust. Bake the galette in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, until the edges of the tart are golden brown. Allow the tart to cool, at least 30 minutes, then serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!
- Notes: Recipe from: https://tatyanaseverydayfood.com/peach-galette/
- Additional Images: